What is back pain and why do I have it?
Back pain is soreness or stiffness in the lower back region usually due to local structures such as joints, muscles, nerves, ligaments and discs that have become injured or irritated from major or minor trauma. It is the leading cause of long term disability worldwide with a 50-85% incidence.
Additional related findings may be arthritis of low back joints, sciatica or a pinched nerve of the lower back.
What may help my back pain?
Our Treatment Approach
- Clinically-proven spinal manipulation is aimed at increasing your mobility and quickly relieving your back pain. It is effective for varying durations from sudden/acute to medium and long term/chronic back pain in adults.
- Advanced massage/soft-tissue therapies are also effective and aimed at relieving your back muscle pain and spasms.
- Rehabilitation/exercise therapy is aimed at increasing your back strength to decrease the likelihood of recurring low back pain from weakened muscles.
- We also utilize additional therapies such as dry needling, taping and postural advice as required.
What does this mean for me?
Being able to get back to doing what’s important in life such as:
- Working with no pain or restrictions
- Sleep comfortably having a full restful night
- Get dressed pain free
- As well as perform daily activities such as gardening, cooking, and cleaning pain free
What Happens on My First Visit?
Our chiropractic doctor finds the cause of your back pain and how best to help relieve it using the following:
- A thorough history of your back pain
- A range of motion assessment to find which back joints are restricted
- Nerve tests to determine which nerves may be causing your back pain
- Muscle testing to isolate painful and weak muscles
- Orthopedic tests to determine which spinal joints may be contributing to your back pain
- Treatment is aimed at relieving your back pain as fast as possible
Why choose our Chiropractic Doctor?
- Our Chiropractors are proactive and have a unique approach to pain relief and improving musculoskeletal health. By treating the spine, joints and surrounding muscle they focus on quickly decreasing pain and improving functional mobility & stability. This is aimed at preventing the body from getting to a state where pain and dysfunction are present.
- Combined our Chiropractors have over 25 years experience between them in helping patients from stay home mum’s to elite athletes, our chiropractor’s extensive academic background and passion to help others makes him one of the best practitioners in his field. S
Take the next step for your back pain and book an appointment:
- Call to speak to our friendly receptionist (03) 9859 0935
- Have a question? Send our chiropractor an email
Bronfort G, et al. (2010) Effectiveness of manual therapies: the UK evidence report. Chiropractic & Osteopathy 18:3.