Dr. Tass Amiridis’ passion for healthcare emerged at the age of 15, when a chiropractor successfully treated Tass’s knee tendinopathy using a multi-faceted approach of improving faulty biomechanics and strength training. This holistic & thorough treatment approach was instilled on Tass during his Chiropractic/Physiotherapy studies and shows in the way he practices today.
What and How Does Tass Treat?
Tass sees various musculoskeletal & sporting conditions with a special interest in:
- Back pain, Neck pain, Headaches
- Ligament injuries
- Muscles strains/tears
- Post-surgery (Spinal & Extremity)
- Vertigo & Dizziness
- Chronic pain
Tass combines chiropractic + physiotherapy and incorporates a multi-modal approach, utilizing various elements such as manual/hands-on therapy, patient education, exercise prescription, strength & conditioning, sports science and nutrition.
Tass takes the time to listen & educate, and along with his caring approach & expanded educational knowledge, has extra treatment options aimed at helping you achieve your goals - whether that’s getting out of pain ASAP, kicking the soccer ball with your children or returning to high performance sport! He works with you to achieve your outcomes in a person-centred approach.
Having worked extensively in various sports & family-based practices both in Australia and overseas, Tass is highly experienced in treating a variety of people, from adolescent athletes & stay-at-home mum’s, to elite athletes. He lives and breathes soccer and has been the Head of Medical/Sports Chiropractor at Oakleigh FC, Box Hill United FC, Green Gully SC, and recently at Kingston FC in the Victorian NPL, looking after senior men & women and junior boys & girls.
In 2015 he conducted a large injury reduction/screening assessment of 100 semi-elite NPL junior soccer players, whereby the findings helped revolutionise his approach in managing junior athletes. In 2016, he was Head of Medical for the Freestyle Football World Tour held at Marvel Stadium Melbourne and sports chiropractor for male world champion Andrew Henderson, previous champion Arnaud “Séan” Garnier and female world champion, Mélody Donchet
- P.O.L.I.C.E Protocol (Protection, Optimal Loading, Ice, Compression, Elevation)
- Sports Medicine Australia Victoria Seminar (2018)
- Hamstring Strain Injuries: Reduction, Rehab & Return To Play
- Sports Chiropractors Association National Symposium (2019)
- Industry presentations on Soccer injuries (ages 12-18, senior men and women), Vertigo & Dizziness, Headaches, Balance & preventing falls (elderly)
Industry Experience & Positions Held
- Toured professional football (soccer) clubs in the UK, including some of the UK’s top academies
- Soccer Injury Reduction Assessment & Screening
- Clinical placements at the Alfred Hospital and Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre
- Observed various surgeries in theatre
- Current Council member of Sports Medicine Australia (SMA) (VIC) and Sports and Exercise Medicine Students Australia (SEMSA) (National)
- Previous Board member Sports Chiropractic Australia (VIC)
- Consulted with businesses to develop strategies to prevent workplace injuries
Outside of work Tass enjoys keeping active by running & functional strength training. He also loves skiing, has completed 2 Marathons, the gruelling Audax Alpine Challenge and played semi-professional soccer at the current NPL level (the highest level in Victoria).
He was also part of the highly successful Monash & RMIT University soccer teams at state & national level obtaining gold & silver medals. To cap it off, Tass was selected to represent RMIT in 2 tours of China playing against some of the best Universities (an experience he will never forget!).
Tass has completed Chiropractic (RMIT) and Science (Monash) degrees, and postgraduate degree in neurology, obtaining the prestigious status of Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Neurology Board (DACNB). His passion for learning has led him to currently completing a Master of High Performance Sport (ACU), focusing on strength & conditioning and sports science in an elite environment. He is also completing the FIFA Diploma of Football Medicine, focusing on elite management of football-related injuries. Tass is also a Sports Medicine Australia (VIC) Board Member and currently completing his final year of Masters in Physiotherpay.
Bachelor of Applied Science (BSc)
Bachelor of Chiropractic Science (Clin Sc)/BCSc | DACNB | BSc
Master in Physiotherpay (current)
Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Neurology Board (DACNB)
Master of High Performance Sport
FIFA Dip Football Medicine
Certified piates Mat & Equipment
Certified Gonstead Extremity Adjusting
Certified Dry Needling
ASCA Level 1 S&C Coach (current)
Certified Gonstead Extremity Adjusting